Are you looking for a plumber in Carlingford, NSW? Or encountered an emergency plumbing issue? Get in touch with Dial Up Plumbing Services for a seamless plumbing service experience.
When do you need a plumber?
Plumbers are experts when it comes to unblocking drains, fixing pipes, detecting plumbing leaks, unclogging sink, hot water installation, and many more. A licensed gas plumber can even help you with gas installation.
We are a licensed plumbing service provider helping you with blocked drain repairs, pipe relining, leaking tap fixes, pipe installations, and all kinds of other plumbing installations and repairs.
Not sure if a plumber can help you? We would be more than happy to help you if you give us a call at (02) 8999 6125.
A plumbing service trusted by residents in Carlingford
Dial Up Plumbing services has delivered top-notch plumbing service to the residents of Carlingford for over last 20 years.
We are a plumbing service with a difference. Choosing the right plumbing company is very vital, and can make a difference of quality and cost.
Our Carlingford plumbers can attend you for a same-day service at your commercial or residential property solving any kind of plumbing issue at an affordable rate.
From blocked drains to leaking taps, plumbing problems comes in all shapes and sizes. Specially, residential homeowners in Carlingford encounter a lot of problems in the form of plumbing emergencies.
We can attend to emergency plumbing situations
Whether it be a gas leak or leaking pipe, when it a matter of urgency, we come into action. Pronto!
Dial Up Plumbing is just a dial away from you. Get in touch to experience the best plumbing service experience in Carlingford
Local Plumber Carlingford, Always Near You
Our plumbers have a reputation for being reliable and available at times when you need us. The team of Dial Up Plumbing Services is comprised of plumbing experts coming from different parts of Sydney and can come to you quickly as possible in terms of any plumbing emergency.
No job is too big or small for us. We’ve encountered a wide variety of jobs in the past, from slow draining pipes and gurgling noises to complete blockages, overflowing toilets, and tree roots causing damage to residents’ homes!
Some common plumbing problems we respond to
As plumbing experts, we can provide you with a quote for any problem and recommend permanent solutions to ensure that the same issue never occurs again. Some of the plumbing problems that we often get inquiries for are;
🟨 My toilet is not flushing, toilet water not filling, blocked toilets
🟨 Tree roots blocking the pipes, blocked drains, storm water blocked drain
🟨 Leaking taps, burst taps, shower repairs, and leaking showers
🟨 Hot water system not working, cold water coming from taps and more
Whatever the plumbing problem is, the solution is just a dial away: Contact Dial Up Plumbing today!
We Specialise in Fixing Blocked Drains
When it comes to unblocking drains in Carlingford, our drain plumbers are the best. We unblock sinks, toilets, sewer, and drainage with perfection.
Learn more about Blocked Drains
Our cutting edge technology which includes using the best drain clearing chemicals, CCTV Inspection technology, water jetting equipment’s ensures that every drain clearing work we do is carried out with perfection.
Are you after permanent no-dig blocked drain solutions? Dial Up Plumbing is also regarded as the best team of licensed drain experts when it comes to providing top-notch pipe relining services in Sydney.
Get in touch with Plumbing Experts in Carlingford
Dial Up Plumbing is a Carlingford’s trusted plumber for a reason. Our team is prominent when it comes to responding to plumbing emergencies. Looking for 24 hour emergency plumber in Carlingford?
Well, with Dial-Up Plumbing Services, you can rest assured on your couch. Our team is equipped with all the plumbing tools and machinery required to fix a plumbing problem at any time of the day. Why look for someone else when an award-winning local team of licensed plumbers is available to you at an affordable price? We have recently provided services in the following locations; , , and .
The services provides by Dial Up Plumbing comes with a labour warranty.* We also provide various discounts on plumbing and are known for quality workmanship in your local area. Our name is synonymous to quality service, affordable prices, and best customer services.
We provide all kinds of residential and commercial plumbing solutions in Carlingford. Our range of plumbing services includes pipe relining, blocked drain repairs, shower repairs, bathroom installations, hot water replacements and many more. In fact, our commercial plumbers in Carlingford are regarded as the best service providers by the local residents.
Hiring a professional plumber does not cost much when you get in touch with the right plumbing company. In fact, going for cheap plumbing prices and saving your plumbing cost for now is sure to bring more expenses as seen in many cases.
The cost of hiring a plumber varies on a lot of things. In most cases we need to come to your place and inspect the situation in order to provide the right cost structure. However, we can always give you a rough idea on costing if you get in touch with us.
Carlingford is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Carlingford is 22 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district in the local government area of City of Parramatta. Carlingford sits at the meeting point of Northern Sydney and Western Sydney sitting on both sides of Pennant Hills Road which generally acts as a divider of the two regions. While being part of City of Parramatta, it is sometimes referred to as being part of the Hills District.
References to Aboriginal people in the Carlingford historical record in the 18th, 19th and into the 20th century remain limited to a handful of third party observations, reinterpreted in modern day. There are many historical ambiguities and uncertainties around clan, language and cultural groups of the area.
The people of what is now known as Carlingford at the time of the arrival of the First Fleet at Port Jackson in 1788 were the Wallumedegal or Wallumattagai people. The people were observed to live in the area bounded approximately by the Parramatta River in the south, the Lane Cove River in the east, the Parramatta area in the west and ranged north for an uncertain distance. The Wallumedegal appear to have been of the Eora language group. The clan name seems to have been derived from wallumai, the snapper fish, combined with matta, a word used in association with ‘place’ or sometimes ‘waterplace’.
Evidence of fire-stick burn off (whereby native vegetation is cleared through fire to create grasslands) along the northern banks of the Parramatta River were observed in February 1788 by an exploring boat party headed by Captain John Hunter and Lieutenant William Bradley in such places which became known as Kissing Point and Meadowbank. The grasslands created by the Aboriginals’ burn off encouraged animals to graze and enhanced the ease of hunting and gathering. Around and above these pastures backing up into the Carlingford area were thick, tall stands of Blue Gum High Forest.
Aboriginal people in the Parramatta area began moving to new areas soon after the arrival of the colonists at Port Jackson. A military post was established at Parramatta in November 1788 which resulted in a group of Burramattagal people moving into Wallumedegal area at Kissing Point. The impact of illness on local people in the immediate years after arrival has been considered to be due to smallpox. Increasingly this belief is questioned as to the feasibility of such an illness being carried for 15 months at sea.
Early land grants in the Carlingford area in the 1790s included those to Cox, Mobbs and Arndell. Around 1800 about 100 Aboriginal people were noted as living around Cox’s Brush Farm on the Carlingford-Eastwood border. By 1827 the numbers of Aboriginal people in the area were observed to have dropped considerably.
The name Carlingford came into use officially on 16 July 1883 for the name of the post office located at Mobbs Hill. There are varying accounts of how the name Carlingford was suggested. One version was that local Frederick Cox heard one of his employees describe similarities between Mobbs Hill and the town of Carlingford, County Louth, located in the east of Ireland, on the present day border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Alternatively, and perhaps a happy alignment with the former version, was that Carlingford was named in honour of Lord Carlingford, who was the British Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies 1847–1860.
Prior to 1883 the locality was known under various names and lacked any clear boundaries. The fluidity in district names in the colonial period reflected changes in the patterns of land use and access to the area as the process of colonisation proceeded. Names of nearby areas were sometimes vaguely associated with what became Carlingford and even after that name was settled usage remained fluid for a time.
The Ponds referred from 1791 to the nearby valley (later known as Dundas Valley).
The Eastern Farms (east of Parramatta) in 1792 to what became the Ryde district.
The Northern Boundary broadly referred to the limits of settlement north of Parramatta and could be used variably to include areas later known as North Rocks, Carlingford, Pennant Hills or North Parramatta.
The Field of Mars Common was established in 1804 in the area to the north west of what was to become Carlingford and the parish of the same name was established in 1821. The name Field of Mars too was used loosely to cover anywhere from Ermington to Epping including Carlingford.
North Brush was also used variously to identify the bush north of the Parramatta River covering what is now known as West Ryde, Eastwood, Carlingford and Dundas. Brush Farm on the later border between Carlingford and Eastwood took its name from this usage and was applied to the estate (c. early 1800s) and then the house on the land (c.1820s).
Mobbs Hill was named after the Mobbs family whose land was nearby.
Pennant Hills referred variously to the ridge from Dundas to Mobbs Hill, the quarry in what is now Dundas Valley and the Government wharf at Ermington (1817). Pennant Hills was used in naming the location of St Paul’s Church built on Mobbs Hill in 1850 and the associated denominational school which commenced around the same time. The school occupied purpose built premises next to the church from 1872 (demolished in the 1970s). When the new public school opened in the same building in January 1883 it was called Pennant Hills South Public School, changing its name to Carlingford Public School in 1887, shortly before moving into new premises across the road. By that date, the name Carlingford had become associated with the locality up to North Rocks and Pennant Hills referred to the area beyond. However, when the railway line opened from Clyde to the Carlingford district in April 1896 the station was called Pennant Hills (the station being on Pennant Hills Road) but was later changed to Carlingford in August 1901.
There was another Carlingford railway station earlier on. When the main northern railway line opened in September 1886 what was to become Epping Station (name adopted in July 1899) was called Field of Mars, then Carlingford (adopted in April 1887) with the area between it and the Carlingford district to the west known as East Carlingford after the post office of that name opened in October 1890. The Epping area had also been referred to formerly as Barren Ridges.
The need for food and economic development in the colony expanded white settlement to Parramatta in late 1788. Over the 1790s land grants for farms in the Parramatta area extended to what is now known as the Carlingford district, Kissing Point, North Brush, The Ponds, Field of Mars. Grants were given to Cox, Mobbs, Arndell and others.
Hard labor was required to clear land of the thick bush and then to cultivate, fence and provide housing. Many struggled with low yields of grain, lack of pig, sheep and cattle stock and isolation. Land ownership often turned over many times with larger land owners moving in during the early 1800s including Holt, Barrington, Randal, Kent, Samuel Marsden and John Macarthur.
Fruit growing had become the primary industry in the area by the 1830s as the larger estates were divided into smaller tenant or owner occupied holdings and a second wave of settlers moved into the area. Orange, other citrus, stone fruit, apple and pear orchards were common interspersed with crops such as potatoes and peas. Familiar names in the district, often from a convict background, had set down roots including the Mobbs, Eyles, Spurway, Sonter and other families.
Other economic activity in the district included timber getting from around 1817 with the government convict sawmill operating until about 1830 at the Pennant Hills Sawing Establishment at Barren Ridges (Epping). Timber was hauled to the Pennant Hills Wharf opened in 1817 at Ermington on the Parramatta River. Timber continued to be cut by private contractors into the 20th century. The Pennant Hills blue metal quarry at Dundas was also active from the 1830s.
A public telephone and telegraph service at the Carlingford Post Office began in December 1892 and gas mains were entering the district around the same time.
On the eve of Federation, Carlingford was struggling through the great 1890s economic depression but was poised to once again become a prosperous agricultural district. It had a private railway to take goods to market, ‘… a public school with 235 scholars and staff of six teachers, telephone and money order office, two lines of coaches, five stores, and blacksmith and baker’s shop’.
The newly federated nation of Australia was at war when it came into existence on 1 January 1901, with some local men away serving for the British in the Second Anglo-Boer war in South Africa. Locally the failing private railway from Clyde to Pennant Hills had been taken over by the state government. With the latter station renamed Carlingford, the line reopened on 1 August 1901.
Alongside existing orchards, new nurseries and market gardens began to increase in number. While Carlingford was still distinctly rural, technological change in the district continued with the establishment of the Pennant Hills Wireless Telegraphy Station in 1912, extension of telephone lines, and the arrival of electric power in 1922. Additionally the area saw the laying of reticulated water mains in 1908, the creation of a metropolitan water storage reservoir on Mobbs Hill in 1916, and the installation of a public drinking-water fountain in the middle of the road at Mobbs Hill in 1911. The area also underwent a transition from horse drawn road transport to motorized, which led to the removal of the Mobbs Hill drinking fountain 1929 as it had become a hazard to the increased volume of motorized traffic. A Mechanics’ Institute and Memorial Hall, designed by Sydney architect and Carlingford resident Lord Livingstone Ramsay, was opened at Mobbs Hill in 1924 (demolished 1987) and was the centre of many social events, political rallies, fetes and school activities.
The 1930s Great Depression contracted economic activity and the people of Carlingford struggled on. Owners of farms had relatively easier access to food than labourers.
In April 1923 the Wesley Central Mission/ City Central Methodist Mission established the Dalmar Children’s Homes on 15 acres (61,000 m) of land near Marsden Road in the eastern end of the suburb. The property eventually had many cottages, together with a hospital, an orchard and vegetable gardens. The land is now the site of the Alan Walker Retirement Village.
The suburb was also home to several homes for children operated by the Anglican Diocese of Sydney since the 1920s: The Church of England Boys’ Home, Church of England Girls’ Home, and the Havilah Children’s Home, Tress Manning Temporary Care, and Field Cottage. Land owned by the homes has since been developed for housing, with street names such as Trigg, Marella, Carramar, Buckland and Lisgar reflecting the names of individual houses or Anglican Home Mission Society services. Boys’ Home buildings and grounds are now the regional base and Sydney Australia Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Girls’ Home property in the south of the suburb has become, since 1974, Anglicare’s Kingsdene Special School for severely to profoundly intellectually disabled children, as well as the American International School.
As Sydney rapidly expanded, following World War II, Carlingford underwent rapid urbanization. James Ruse Agricultural High School, established in 1959, is a testament to the agricultural history of Carlingford as well as the rapid pace of urbanisation; which soon made the school, and its large farm, somewhat of an anomaly amongst the 1970s and 1980s housing which dominate the suburb. Soon after James Ruse there followed upper-end housing. An example of which is Carlingford’s Calinda Manse, a nine bedroom property. More recently, in the 1990s, the government policy of urban consolidation has seen the development of high-density units and apartment blocks around the town centre and the train station. There have also been redevelopments of older houses into medium-density townhouses, and duplex housing.
In 1961, the HMS K13 memorial was unveiled, and stands as a prominent feature in Carlingford, passed by thousands of motorists along Pennant Hills Road each day.
The first large shopping centre opened in 1965 as the Carlingford Village on a former orchard and nursery site. After redevelopment in the 1970s it was renamed Carlingford Court. Additional redevelopments of the centre occurred in the late 1990s with further changes when the Myer department store closed on 31 March 2006. The old 19th century and early 20th century shops and houses on the corner of Pennant Hills and Marsden Roads at Mobbs Hill were demolished in the 1970s, and “The Orchard” shopping centre was built on the site, and after later redevelopment it was renamed as Carlingford Village.
The rural guise of the district has largely disappeared: rapid urbanisation, subdivision, population growth and advent of car clogged roads has changed the area completely.
The Carlingford and nearby district hosts a wide range of built and natural heritage sites. These include Aboriginal cultural sites, houses, public buildings, churches, gardens, regeneration sites, industrial, war memorials, road infrastructure and former farm sites. Some of these are formally listed on the NSW State Heritage Register or identified in the NSW State Inventory. Several are also appear on the Register of the National Estate. As with much of suburban Sydney, many sites have been destroyed through years of development or neglect.
A handful of Carlingford and district’s heritage sites include:
Carlingford was a favourite spot for the Northwood Group of landscape painters. In the 1930s-1940s this social group would gather to paint outdoors and included Lloyd Rees, Roland Wakelin, John Santry, Marie Santry and George Lawrence. Wakelin completed a number of paintings inspired by the district. Three include: Carlingford Pastoral (1935) incorporates built heritage elements of the Mobbs Hill landscape – two water reservoirs, St Paul’s Church and the church hall; Afternoon, Carlingford (1949) inspired by Carlingford hills, houses and farms; similarly, House at Carlingford (1950) was inspired by the locale’s buildings and land.
The major Carlingford shopping and commercial areas are located on Pennant Hills Road. The main, two small to medium-sized shopping centres are Carlingford Court and Carlingford Village, (which has a JUSCO). There are several shopping strips across the suburb, including but not limited to; on the corner of Pennant Hills Rd and Marsden Road (‘at the top’ of Mobbs Hill), on Pennant Hills Road near Carlingford Railway Station (‘at the bottom’ of Mobbs Hill), on Mobbs Lane, to the north on Carmen Drive, and Carlingford North shops off North Rocks Rd near Pennant Parade.
Carlingford Court (opened in 1965 as “Carlingford Village”) on the corner of Pennant Hills and Carlingford Roads is a medium-sized suburban shopping centre featuring supermarkets, department and variety stores, and specialty shops.
Carlingford Village (opened in the 1970s as “The Orchard” shopping centre) on the corner of Pennant Hills and Marsden Roads on top of Mobbs Hill includes many Asian food outlets.
Much of Carlingford has relatively limited public transport access, which is reflected in the low public transport patronage by commuters. At the 2011 census, 18.1% of employed people travelled to work on public transport and 64.1% by car (either as driver or as passenger).
At the 2011 census, 64.1% of employed people travelled to work by car: 59.5% as driver and 4.3% as passenger. The Cumberland Highway, a major north–south route through greater Sydney, intersects Carlingford in the form of Pennant Hills Road. As well, many motorists commuting from the Hills District and the growing north-west areas of Sydney travel through Carlingford to the city.
The M2 Hills Motorway, part of the Sydney orbital road, runs through northern Carlingford providing a route to the city and North Sydney. Since the Westlink M7 Motorway was finished, completing the Sydney Orbital, it has replaced the Cumberland Highway as the north–south national highway.
The area of Carlingford to the east of Pennant Hills Road and North of Carlingford Road, was built mostly in the years, post World War II. There is an area of streets named after famous North African battle fields.
There are several bus routes through Carlingford. Major bus stations are located at Carlingford Court Shopping Centre, Carlingford Railway Station and Oakes Road M2 bus stop.
State Transit 513 Carlingford Court to Meadowbank Wharf via Telopea, Dundas Valley, West Ryde
546 Epping to Parramatta via Ray Road, Carlingford Court, Carlingford Station, Jenkins Road, Farnell Avenue, Balaka Drive, North Rocks Shopping Centre, Statham Avenue, Bettington Road
549 Epping to Parramatta via Ray Road, Pennant Parade, North Rocks Road, O’Connell Avenue
550 Macquarie Park to Parramatta via Macquarie Centre and University, Epping Road, Epping Station, Carlingford Road, Pennant Hills Road
553 Beecroft to West Pennant Hills / North Rocks via Murray Farm Road, Orchard Road, North Rocks Road, Oakes Road
Hillsbus 535 Carlingford line replacement service to Parramatta via Telopea, Dundas, Rydalmere and Rosehill Stations
M2 services stop at Oakes Road, destinations include Queen Victoria Building, Milson’s Point, Macquarie Park, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Kellyville, Rouse Hill
625 Pennant Hills Station to Parramatta via Pennant Hills Road
630 Epping to Blacktown via Carlingford Road, Pennant Hills Road, North Rocks Road, Barclay Road, Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills, Seven Hills
Previous operator Harris Park Transport ceased operations in December 2004 with routes 620–630.
Carlingford railway station was the terminus of the Carlingford Line on the Sydney Trains network. The Carlingford Line, which opened on 20 April 1896 as a private railway, then as a public line on 1 August 1901, was a mostly single-track line. Trains operated as all stops services to Clyde railway station every 30 or 60 minutes, before terminating where passengers would then have to change for a train service to the city. Consequently, the service had low patronage. As part of the CityRail Clearways Project, a passing loop was promised for the Carlingford Line with two services per hour all day to become effective in 2010. This was however scrapped in the 2008 mini-budget.
A conversion of the Camellia to Carlingford section of the Carlingford railway line to light rail was announced in 2015 as part of the Parramatta Light Rail project. On 5 January 2020, the railway line shut down between Clyde and Carlingford railway stations to commence construction of the Parramatta Light Rail Project, due to be delivered in 2023. A bus service (Route 535) running all stops between Parramatta railway station and ex-Carlingford Railway Station was introduced as a measure to replace the rail service during the construction.
Carlingford is the location of a large number of public and private schools.
As with much of northern Sydney, Carlingford also has a comparatively large number of Christian churches of many denominations. These include:
Other places of worship include:
Carlingford has many sporting clubs participating in many different sports, and at many locations around the Hills District including:
The Carlingford telephone exchange is located at 413 North Rocks Rd. It serves telephony for Carlingford and nearby suburbs such as Dundas Valley, Telopea and North Rocks.
A major electricity substation, operated by Integral Energy, is located at the corner of Pennant Hills Road and Jenkins Road. The same site also houses one of the major communications relay towers in northern Sydney. The substation previously had a rail siding from the adjacent Carlingford Line; the siding was opened in 1954, and closed in the late 1980s.
In the Australian Bureau of Statistics 2021 census, the population of Carlingford stood at 28,044 residents, with 13,912 males and 14,132 females.
Age distribution In the 2021 census, the median age was 38, compared with 38 for the whole of Australia. Children aged up to 14 years made up 20.8% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 16.0% of the population.
Place of Birth In the 2021 census, 42.0% of people were born in Australia, with 19.4% born in China (excluding SARs and Taiwan), 4.9% in Hong Kong, 4.9% in India and 4.5% in South Korea.
Languages In the 2021 census, 32.9% of people only spoke English at home, while 22.1% spoke Mandarin, 13.2% spoke Cantonese, 6.3% spoke Korean, 2.4% spoke Urdu and 2.1% spoke Hindi.
Religion In the 2021 census, 39.0% of people identify themselves as having no religion, 14.9% Catholic and 6.6% Anglican.
Carlingford falls under the jurisdiction of the City of Parramatta. It falls under several Commonwealth (Berowra, Bennelong, Parramatta) and State (Epping, Baulkham Hills, Parramatta) electoral divisions/districts.
Most of the electoral divisions that Carlingford lies within have historically been held by the Liberal Party of Australia. The exception is the electoral division and district of Parramatta which include sections south of the Parramatta River, making the overall seats more marginal in nature.